August 26, 2015
Get your dancing shoes on because the first ever Got To Move is here. This nationwide dance movement, from 8-24 Oct, celebrates the diversity of our local dance scene and aims to spread the joy of dance in a more universal fashion. Since ticketed attendance and sales for dance performances have doubled and soared by a third respectively, and the number of local dance groups and societies have increased by more than 13 times from 2006-2013, it’s about high time the nation gets grooving together.
In the first part of the movement, Got To Move ISLANDWIDE, from 8-23 Oct, Singaporeans can look forward to free dance performances and dance-related activities across the island. Attend open classes and studios, experiential dance workshops, masterclasses, educational talks, conferences and play interactive dance games organised by experienced dance practitioners and enthusiasts.
The second part of the movement, Got To Move NOW on 24 Oct from 4pm-10.30pm, will be a day dedicated to Singapore’s burgeoning dance scene. The event will be held at The Promontory at Marina Bay and the public is invited to discover different dance styles through the following activities:
- Performances by acclaimed local dance companies like Singapore Dance Theatre, T.H.E Dance Company, Bhaskar’s Arts Academy, Era Dance Theatre, and school and amateur dance groups
- Free dance taster classes in K-pop, belly dancing and yoga dancing
- Educational and experiential booths to learn intriguing dance trivia, techniques, genres, and behind-the-scenes scoops
- Interactive segments where people can try on dance costumes and decorate their outfit
- Mini contests to win attractive prizes
- A dance after-party and live music in a public dance arena
For more info, head to facebook.com/gottomovesg.