December 11, 2015
For the sixth edition of the NYLON Singapore x Vanity Trove Beauty Box, we’ve put together a selection of sample-sized beauty from some of our favourite brands, including Bioderma, Clinique, THEFACESHOP and ETUDE HOUSE.
BUY! $38, available soon on vanitytrove.com. Here’s a look at what’s in this edition of the box:
IN THE BOX:
1. THEFACESHOP Chia Seed & Natural Sun Eco Sebum Control Deluxe Kit
– Chia Seed Fresh Cleansing Foam (20ml)
– Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Water (20ml)
– Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Cream (10ml)
– Natural Sun Eco Sebum Control Moisture Sun (20ml)
2. ETUDE HOUSE Petit Bijou Baby Bubble Trial Kit
– Petit Bijou Baby Bubble Soft Body Wash (30ml)
– Petit Bijou Baby Bubble Moisture Body Lotion (30ml)
3. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (7ml)
4. CNP Laboratory Invisible Peeling Booster (25ml)
5. Philosophy All-Over Skin Perfecting Brightening and Hydrating Emulsion (7ml)
6. Bioderma Hydrabio H2O (20ml) or Sensibio H2O (20ml)
7. Illamasqua Matte Veil (3ml)
1. THEFACESHOP CHIA SEED & NATURAL SUN ECO SEBUM CONTROL DELUXE KIT
Fix sebum woes with cotton seed, an ingredient that controls sebum production and is found in all items in this kit. The chia seed is an ingredient from South America that is able to hold moisture equating to 10 times its own weight, and contains nutrients that nourish the skin; the Natural Sun Eco Sebum Control Moisture Sun is a sunscreen with SPF 40 PA+++ protection, and can also be used as a matte finish primer.
THEFACESHOP Chia Seed Fresh Cleansing Foam, $14.90 for 150ml; Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Water, $36.90 for 300ml; Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Cream, $36.90 for 50ml; and Natural Sun Eco Sebum Control Moisture Sun Cream, $23.90 for 50ml, available at THEFACESHOP stores. thefaceshop.com.sg
2. ETUDE HOUSE PETIT BIJOU BABY BUBBLE TRIAL KIT
Babies always smell nice, right? This ETUDE HOUSE body care range has basically captured that fresh, powdery scent that babies seem to have and put it into this body wash and lotion. It’s actually delicate enough to be used on babies, too; ingredients include aloe vera and chamomile, and the formula is free of sulphates, parabens and ethanol.
ETUDE HOUSE Petit Bijou Baby Bubble Soft Body Wash, $19.90 for 300ml; Petit Bijou Baby Bubble Moisture Body Lotion, $19.90 for 300ml, available at ETUDE HOUSE stores. etude.sg
3. CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE EXTENDED THIRST RELIEF
One of Clinique’s top-selling moisturisers, this product has been popular because of its ability to keep skin hydrated, even with its lightweight cream-gel texture. It also promises to work for all skin types, and we’ve read reviews that swear this even works for dry skin, and during harsh winters.
Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, $75 for 50ml, available at Clinique counters. clinique.com.sg
4. CNP LABORATORY INVISIBLE PEELING BOOSTER
The Invisible Peeling Booster is one of those products that are supposed to increase the efficacy of skincare that goes on after it – apply it after cleansing, and it also functions as a gentle peel with a group of exfoliants called polyhydroxy acids, which rid the skin of dead cells without irritation. Also, no rinsing required.
$48.90 for 100ml, available at selected Guardian stores. cnpcosmetics.com.sg
5. PHILOSOPHY ALL-OVER SKIN PERFECTING BRIGHTENING AND HYDRATING EMULSION
Think of this product as a quick pick-me-up when you need something for a variety of skin woes, like dryness, discolouration, and enlarged pores. It’s an emulsion in a light, oil-free formula that immediately helps skin feel fresher and more moisturised, while tightening pores and making redness and dark spots less obvious at the same time.
$75 for 50ml, available at Philosophy and Sephora stores. philosophyskincare.sg
6. BIODERMA HYDRABIO H2O OR SENSIBIO H2O
We can’t get enough of the Bioderma Sensibio H2O (and we know you can’t too), so we’ve brought it back for this edition of the box. This time, however, there’s also the other option of getting the Hydrabio H2O in your box, which is formulated for dry skin and has the patented Aquagenium® ingredient to stimulate the production of water channels in the skin, so it can keep itself naturally moisturised.
Bioderma Hydrabio H2O, $26.90 for 250ml; and Sensibio H2O, $26.90 for 250ml, available at Watsons and Guardian stores. facebook.com/biodermasingapore
7. ILLAMASQUA MATTE VEIL
Use this primer when you need a quick way to mattify your skin. It’s the matte version of Illamasqua’s popular Hydra Veil, and has ingredients to dissolve the skin’s excess oils while providing a smooth canvas for makeup to go on.
$58 for 30ml, available at the Illamasqua store and counters. illamasqua.com