February 4, 2016
Valentine’s Day – a day where you’ll see hordes of couples walking down the street with gifts from their boyfriends (read: flowers and chocolates), couple outfits and even more couples hogging restaurant tables. And then you’ll see the awkward couple who met on Tinder and are out on their first date. But if you’ve already planned on bringing your significant other on a holiday to a place far, far away from here, you might wanna take a look at these Airbnb listings with an amazing view for even more magical experience. Then again, it might be too late to plan a surprise Valentine’s Day trip. But who says you can’t proclaim your love on other days too? Either way, these accommodations come with an incredible view at an affordable price. Whether you’re heading to Australia, Greece, Italy, Costa Rica or Portugal, it’s always nice to spice things up a little, no?
1. Ever wondered what happens down under? This apartment has an unobstructed view of Sydney’s Harbour Bridge, Opera House and the city’s CBD area.
2. Oh Santorini… one of the prettiest places of Greece. Talk about a hole in the wall; this humble abode was carved into Santorini’s iconic caldera cliff over 250 years ago, and was originally a wine cellar.
3. It’s a cabin overlooking Lake Como and the rolling hills beyond it. Best to stay around July and August.
4. The host calls it a “designer home” with floor-to-ceiling windows, situated in the middle of the rain forest covered mountains. Note: you’ll probably need to rent a car to get there, and pretty much anywhere else if you’re not planning on staying in the entire trip.
5. It’s a huge terrace with a breathtaking seaview. But make sure you check their rates properly as it’s priced differently at different times of the year.
6. It’s a treehouse… sort of. Well it’s a house that’s nested on some trees with a panoramic view of the hills.