May 16, 2016
Admit it, we all have a kind of love-hate relationship with sunscreen — it’s a necessary step to our skincare routine, a must-do before we step out of the house as it lovingly protects us from the UV rays that threaten to do harm on our skin, but it’s just a bit of a hassle isn’t it? Too thick, too slick, too streaky, and then we have to reapply it every two hours? That doesn’t even work out on a normal day, much less a beach vacation or a well-deserved holiday when we’re supposed to be relaxing anyway.
Well then, Shiseido happens to have a sunscreen that makes all this way easier — a new version of their already too-good-to-be-true sunscreen, officially called the Perfect UV Protector S SPF50+ PA++++, that combines the previous promise of actually increasing its protection when in contact with water and sweat, with a gentle formula that works for sensitive skin.
Here’s why we’d totally pack it in our bags during our next holiday, swim, workout, or anywhere really:
1. It actually works better when in contact with water
Say, you’re going for a swim, doing yoga in the morning, or just walking outside in the sun on a hot day. Chances are, you’ll find anything you have on your face — foundation, mascara, creams — slipping off due to sweat or simply because you’re in contact with water, which means you lose some of the protection you think you’re under. Unlike most “water-resistant” sunscreens though, Shiseido’s lightweight formula doesn’t just repel water, it actually increases its protection when in contact with water and perspiration. That’s their powerful WetForce technology for you.
How It Works
- WetForce boosts the veil’s strength up to 124% when in contact with water
- The negative ions bond with minerals in water (positive ions) to become part of a highly water-repellent layer, with more densely-packed protective agents
2. The formula’s gentle enough for those with sensitive skin
You could be identified with having sensitive skin, or you could be looking for a formula that’s gentle on any skin type — either way, this sunscreen lives up to both being powerful, yet safe enough for even children to use.
How It Works
- No parabens, alcohol or fragrances in this tear-free formula
- Ingredients are carefully selected so they don’t irritate the skin — patch tests and practical tests were used throughout the selection process, and research was conducted with experienced dermatologists
- Only about 10% of Shiseido raw materials can be used in skincare products for sensitive skin
Other than these two major highlights, the Shiseido sunscreen makes use of the brand’s existing SuperVeil-UV 360 technology, one that allows the sunscreen agents to spread evenly even over tiny bumps and depressions, so you won’t have to worry about patchy coverage. On top of that, there are extra skincare ingredients as well — Profense CEL that has an antioxidant effect to help prevent UV-caused DNA damage, which is often linked to the formation of wrinkles. Plus, with the lightweight, non-streaky texture, this is about as easy and hassle-free as suncreen gets.
Shiseido Global Suncare Perfect UV Protector S SPF50+ PA++++, $63, available at all Shiseido counters. shiseido.com.sg
For NYLON readers!
Collect a sample of Shiseido’s Global Suncare Perfect UV Protector S at any Shiseido counter — simply present this blogpost to any Shiseido staff to get your complimentary sample. Limited to one per customer.