May 25, 2016
You’ve probably already seen the latest Finding Dory trailer, which dropped last night courtesy of the great Ellen herself. Obviously we loved it, because it brought back so. many. goddamn. memories from 2003’s Finding Nemo – and is pretty much the clearest of the three trailers in outlining Dory’s adventure this June. There’s definitely a little more sentimentality in it too, what with baby Dory’s innocent, heartstring-tugging “Hello?” opening the entire trailer – before moving right into telling the story of our favourite blue fish. To ease the agonising wait till mid June, we picked out our favourite moments in this short 2:29 trailer, just for the heck of it.
1. Our first look at the gang all back together
In a setting familiar to all our hearts, accompanied by Dory’s dejavu-inducing line: “I suffer from short-term memory loss; it runs in my family.” – which literally gave us goosebumps. COME ON PEOPLE WE’VE WAITED FOR THIS FOR 13 YEARS.
2. When Frank the Octopus (new character alert!!) elegantly scooped Dory out of the tank with a coffee pot
3. This great scene of the hammerhead shark chick slamming into a wall
4. This pretty beautiful wide shot of the aquarium we expect to house most of the film’s action
5. Seeing another beloved familiar face
Crush the sea turtle’s iconic “Surf’s up, dude!” + Marlin’s face of nausea = gold.
6. This heartwarming moment that reminds us just how much of a sweetheart Dory truly is
7. Followed by this heartbreaking one with Nemo voicing what we’ve all secretly feared
We’re almost too scared to watch it now.
8. Dory in a sea of her kind
Pretty damn trippy, actually.
And to end on a happy must-watch-once-it-comes-out-in-theatres note:
9. Just, this.
1) Is that what sea lions are actually saying irl?!
2) Anyone else remember the “Mine mine mine” gulls from Finding Nemo?
And if you haven’t seen the trailer yet… we apologise for these visual spoilers. Now here it is!