August 11, 2017
Pretty clever, to create an entire makeup collection inspired by gelato – who wouldn’t like the promise of colours in candy tones, dispensed in soft, super-blendable textures? Good move by Elizabeth Arden then, with their newest Gelato Crush Colour Collection, just launched this month.
We’re already incredibly tempted by the 3 products in the range, the Cool Glow Cheek Tint, a liquid-gel blush that blends like a dream; the Plush Up Lip Gelato, a sheer moisturising lipstick in 22 shades that also leaves a cooling effect on the lips; and the Plump Up Lip Liner, a creamy formula that helps to reduce fine lines around the mouth.
There are so many candy hues across this line that it’s easy to feel like a kid lost in a gelato store, so we narrowed it down to 3 key looks:
There is an abundance of nude hues across the 3 products, so there are plenty of options for working a natural flush onto your cheeks and lips.
1. Dot the Cool Glow Cheek Tint in Pink Perfection on the apples of the cheeks.
2. Blend with your fingers, using a circular motion.
3. Line lips with the Plump Up Lip Liner in Nude, which will add a slight plumping effect and smooth fine lines around the mouth.
4. Give lips a natural tint with the Plush Up Lip Gelato in Bare Kiss.
And the complexion instantly looks more energised with these subtle colours.
If you’ve always wanted to get into the coral makeup trend but were too scared to, wearing it in sheer washes of colour will be a lot less intimidating.
1. Get naturally flushed with the Cool Glow Cheek Tint in Coral Daze, applied high on the cheeks.
2. Blend by moving two fingers across the cheeks in an upwards direction.
3. Let the Plump Up Lip Liner in Kiss Me Coral double up as a creamy eyeshadow.
4. Use the rubber tip at the other end of the lip liner to blend out the colour over the eyelids.
5. Complete the look with the Plush Up Lip Gelato in Tangerine Dream.
See! Wearing warm colours really isn’t that difficult.
The darkest shades in the Gelato Crush Colour Collection aren’t scary at all. They’re a good way to ease your way into statement lips, for a more glamorous look.
1. The Cool Glow Cheek Tint in Berry Rush can be used to subtly sculpt the face too. Apply it just under the cheekbones.
2. Blend it with two fingers in an up-and-down motion.
3. Since it’s a dark lip colour, start with lining the lips with the Plump Up Lip Liner in Raisin. This will help better define the edges of the lips.
4. Then fill in with the Plush Up Lip Gelato in Black Cherry.
There you go – an easy look for a night out.
Elizabeth Arden Gelato Crush Color Collection, $28 to $49. Available at the Elizabeth Arden store and counters. elizabetharden.sg