December 7, 2017
From fresh florals to woody orientals, a fragrance can do more than just make you smell attractive. An intoxicating scent is one that will lift your mood as well as your confidence, so you might notice a slight shift in behaviour after a quick spritz. With this many perfumes out there, however, you might be expanding your fragrance wardrobe this festive season. Here’s our selection of fragrances to evoke every wonderful facet of Christmas.
1. CHANEL Gabrielle, $180 to $258, available at CHANEL Beauty boutiques and counters.
An ode to the inimitable Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel, perfumer Olivier Polge selected a floral medley of ylang-ylang, jasmine, orange blossom, and tuberose, balancing its femininity out with velvety white musk and milky sandalwood before topping it off with a fresh zest of citrus notes.
2. Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum, $115 to $240, available at Dior Beauty stores and counters.
The beloved Miss Dior fragrance has been given a sensual, modern upgrade. Here, the Grasse rose takes centre stage, allowing the citrus burst of Calabrian bergamot melt into the rose absolute, while Guyana rosewood and pink peppercorn pave a warm, enticing trail.
3. Glossier You Eau de Parfum, US$60, available at Glossier.com.
Founder Emily Weiss wanted to create a fragrance that enhances the wearer’s natural scent. Thus, Glossier You was born. The ambrette, ambrox, and musk base adapts, and when iris root and pink pepper is thrown into the mix, the result is creamy, clean, warm, and addictive.
4. Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women Eau de Parfum, $85 to $151, available at TANGS @ Tang Plaza, selected departmental stores, and Sephora.
Calvin Klein revisits the iconic Obsession fragrance to create their new Obsessed for Women. Neroli essence and violet leaf shine through in this delicate aromatic green scent, slowly enveloped by creamy musks for a sensual touch.
5. Jimmy Choo Blossom Set (60ml Eau de Parfum + 100ml Body Lotion), $118, available at Jimmy Choo boutiques and counters.
If you’re into feminine scents, then you’ll find your go-to party fragrance housed in Jimmy Choo’s faceted bottle with a lavish diamond-like cap. Give yourself a quick spritz and take in the refreshing citrus cocktail of red berries, roses, rich white musk and creamy sandalwood.
6. BVLGARI Goldea The Roman Night Eau de Parfum, available at Bulgari boutiques and counters.
What a Roman goddess would smell like, captured in Bulgari’s latest scent. A fruity-floral combination of mulberry and black peony on top, jasmine and tuberose at its heart, and a woody base of black musk, patchouli and vetiver, this opulent fragrance was made for a goddess, indeed.
7. Kenzo World Eau de Parfum, $96 to $164, available at all Sephora stores and Sephora.sg.
Opening with a burst of fruity florals, Kenzo World settles down to a warm feminine blend of peony and Egyptian jasmine, finished with a dash of Ambroxan to give it that unexpected edge we were looking for since its refreshingly ludicrous commercial.
8. Jo Malone Green Almond & Redcurrant Cologne, $218, available at Jo Malone stores and counters.
A festive fragrance that combines the tart juiciness of redcurrants and the zing of citrus, grounded by green almond, cedarwood, and tonka, Jo Malone’s new cologne is housed in an exclusive pink and green bottle crafted by Scottish designer Jonathan Saunders.
9. Byredo Velvet Haze Eau de Parfum, $191 to $281, available at escentials stores and escentials.com.
Inspired by the music and culture of the ’60s, Byredo’s latest fragrance Velvet Haze takes on the retro craze, blending creamy coconut with patchouli and vetiver before topping it off with a hint of cacao to create a light, woody scent.
10. Gucci Bloom Eau de Parfum, $128 to $216, available at major departmental stores.
Capturing the irreverent spirit of the women of Gucci in a bottle, Bloom’s blend of tuberose and jasmine create an unexpectedly smooth and rich white floral fragrance, while Rangoon Creeper rounds off the scent with a powdery edge.
11. Tiffany & Co. Tiffany Eau de Parfum, available at Tiffany & Co. boutiques and counters.
Tiffany & Co.’s got every proposal covered, but they’re looking to make their mark as every bride’s go-to fragrance. Noble iris lies at the heart of this modern, artisanal scent, as notes of mandarin, patchouli and musk cocoons it to create an exhilarating fragrance.
12. Twilly d’Hermès Eau de Parfum, $107 to $221, available at Hermès stores, department stores and authorised perfumeries.
Fresh tuberose and earthy sandalwood are given a spicy twist with ginger in the latest Twilly d’Hermès, a playful fragrance that celebrates youth. We also love the hand-tied silk ribbon that graces the bowler hat-shaped cap – a nod to the iconic Twilly scarf.
13. Dolce&Gabbana The One Eau de Toilette, $93 to $175, available at Dolce&Gabbana stores and counters.
An enchanting, feminine fragrance, D&G has put a fresh spin on The One, magnifying the star of the show: madonna lily. The key note is met with Italian bergamot, mandarin essences, sweet lychee, and luscious white peach, settling down to an earthy vanilla-infused vetiver and musk base.