December 2, 2017
We’ve prepared super detailed beauty gift guides for y’all to garner some inspiration from (see our guide to the biggest Blockbusters Sets out there)…but we understand that there are times when you need to take your generous gifting spirit down a notch to gather in some “value-for-money” beauty products.
Since we all thoroughly enjoy our Christmas splurges, here are some affordable gifts you won’t be guilt tripping over. Some are in sets (bulk buying at its best), and others are just cult products that guarantee you your money’s worth. After all, you want only the best beauty products for your friends, amirite? Now, these products aren’t by any means lesser in quality – in fact, they’ve only made it to our list because they’re what we consider affordable but still awesome.
1. The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calendar 2017, $229, available at The Body Shop stores.
Look forward to your countdown with this 25-day beauty advent calendar, which has some of The Body Shop’s bestsellers. From their Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask to their Matte Liquid Lip, each day starts with a festive surprise.
2. Heroine Make Super Waterproof Volume & Curl Mascara, $21.90, available at Watsons stores.
Curl and voluminise your lashes with this mascara: it now comes with extra shine, so your lashes are extra noticeable. Another plus: they’re waterproof, so whether you’re crying or it’s raining – your lashes will still look great.
3. Burberry Festive My Burberry Blush 90ml + Kisses 89 Rose Blush Set, $225, available at major departmental stores.
When you’re taking a whiff of Burberry’s fruity floral perfume (notes of glazed pomegranate, lemon and rose petal), make sure you swipe on the Rose Blush lipstick to feel like you’ve been fully transported to an English garden.
4. L’oreal Paris Color Riche Fashion Week Matte Lipstick, $21.90, available at Watsons, Guardian, and SASA stores.
Four new matte shades inspired by S/S 2017 Paris Fashion Week. With Jojoba Oil, these lipsticks will glide on smoothly while leaving a pigmented streak of colour on your lips.
5. RMK Silver Mirror Closet Kit, $185, available at RMK counters.
Everything you need is in this kit, and we really mean everything. There are two palettes: one with a set of five shadows, and the other designed for an easy finish with green and coral control colours. You’ve also got your glow pencil, mascara, eye & cheek crayon, lip gloss, and lipstick at the ready.
6. Marc Jacobs Beauty Cat’s Meow 5-Piece Petite Le Marc Lip Crème Collection, $62, available at Sephora stores.
These five petite lipsticks are definitely the cat’s meow. All five shades flaunt rich colours and as Marc Jacob’s long-wear lipstick – should last for 10 whole hours.
7. Urban Decay Little Vices, $39, available at Sephora stores and Sephora.sg.
Experiment with your preferred shade of Urban Decay’s bestselling Vice Lipstick, before committing to one colour. It includes everything from brights to neutrals in three finishes: cream, comfort matte, and metallized.
8. SASA Cyber Colors Burgundy Collection Gift Set, $60, available at SASA stores.
All your eye makeup staples can be found in this single gift set. It comes complete with a gel liner, eyeshadow palette, and 4 in 1 eye makeup brush – you also have a choice between assorted shades.
9. 3INA Longwear Lipstick in 509, $16, available at 3INA store and 3ina.com.
Long-lasting matte lipstick in a vivid pink shade? Yes please. With the applicator of a lip-gloss, this matte lipstick is super easy to apply and promises to last for hours.
10. K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Lasting Hamper, $151.30, available at Guardian stores or Guardian.com.sg.
This K-Palette hamper of their bestselling, long-lasting products lets your eyeliner, lip colour, and eyebrows stay perfect. With the Eyebrow Tint available in three shades: Light Brown, Natural Brown, and Mocha Brown – it’s perfect for any brow-crazy friend of yours.
11. KOSÉ INFINITY Coffret, $250, available at KOSÉ department store counters.
Everything in this lineup will make you want to complete your skincare routine – how could you not, when there are two different cleansers that have botanical oil and emollients?
12. Tarte Posh Pout Matte & Glossy Lip Set, available at Sephora stores and Sephora.sg.
Not sure if you’re looking for matte or glossy lip paints? In shades of varying reds and nudes, this lip set gives you all the lip options you’re looking for, no matter if it’s a matte finish or glossy sheen.