Photographing Camira Asrori, 23
Fashion Stylist / Designer, 23
Portrait by Adele Chan using the Nikon Df
Text by Adele Chan
Hair and makeup by Camira Asrori
Last week I was looking for fresh faces to shoot; girls who NYLON readers would be interested in. One of the writers suggested a girl called Camira, and sent me her Instagram link to check out. I recognised her as one of the 20 finalists for last year’s Miss Universe Singapore contest, and discovered she just launched her clothing label, Camira Asrori last Saturday! She tells me that it was something she’s been working on since last November, and it fuels her interest in resort wear. Meeting Camira in person, yes, resort wear is definitely her style; right down to her makeup, which she describes as the “ bronzing / highlighter look”. It takes her 30 minutes to achieve this perfect contour. “It’s knowing what works for you”, Camira says. Yes, that’s exactly right.
1. Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser
2. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
3. Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner Light
4. Laneige Essential Power Skin Refiner Moisture
5. Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting
6. Laneige Watery Sun Cream SPF 50+ PA++++
7. Caudalie Glycolic Peel
8. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
9. The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask
10. The Body Shop Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Night Mask
1. Make Up For Ever Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer
2. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation (270)
3. Palette / Bronzer: Sephora Collection Bronzing Powder in Anguilla – Clair Light)
4. Innisfree Auto Eyebrow Pencil
5. Colourpop Pressed Powder Highlighter in Boy Next Door
6. Morphe 25A Copper Spice Eyeshadow Palette
7. Gincu by So.lek Cosmetics in Anggerik
8. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Mascara
9. Silkygirl Perfect Matte Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof
1. Aesop Coriander Seed Body Cleanser
2. Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion
3. The Body Shop Shea Exfoliating Body Scrub
What is the one beauty item you cannot live without?
I’ll have to pick Laneige’s Watery Sun Cream.
What’s your signature scent?
J’adore by Christian Dior!
To see more beauty portraits, check out Editing Beauty’s Instagram.