Portrait by Adele Chan using the Nikon Df
Text by Adele Chan
Hair and makeup by Hanan Helme
Hanan is one of the sweetest girls I know. Anyone and everyone who meets her, would immediately love her. Her charming disposition matches her clean makeup style and perfect hair — it’s hard not to stare. She tells me about a candle business that she started two years ago that focuses on the power of scents and quotes. I went to the website, Quofic, and I love that too. Her candles are lovingly made by hand at home, using organic soy wax and essential oils from Australia or UK. Now it’s just a matter of deciding which one to buy. Apart from candles, one look at her Instagram tells us that Hanan is into makeup as well. And her mantra: “Makeup every day has to be less than 15 minutes”, plus she doesn’t use gadgets or even brushes, just her hands.
Follow her style with these products:
1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
2. Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets
3. Aprilskin Magic Snow Sun Stick
4. Sebamed Anti-Dry Day Defence Cream
5. Sebamed Anti-Dry Night Cream
6. Vichy Idealia Lumiere Illuminating Moisture Peeling Care Facial Lotion
7. innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
1. Nudestix Concealer Pencil in Medium 4
2. NYX Total Control Drop Foundation in Beige
3. 3INA The Loose Powder in 103
4. Yves Saint Laurent Beaute YSL Le Cushion Encre de Peau in 40
5. Nudestix Nudies All Over Face Color Matte in In The Nude
6. Nudestix Sculpting Pencil in Medium/Deep
7. Nudestix Nudies All Over Face Color Bronze + Glow in Hey, Honey
8. Huda Beauty Rose Gold Remastered Palette
9. Nudestix Eyebrow Stylus in Brown
10. Nudestix Mascara Lash & Grow
11. Nudestix Rock N’ Roller Easy Eyeliner Ink in Black Moon
12. Nudestix Intense Matte Lip & Cheek Pencil in Entice
13. Anez D. Liquid Lipstick in Meghan T.
14. Urban Decay Hi Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss in Dirty Talk
15. Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips Tin
Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Soothing Body Wash
What is the one beauty item you cannot live without?
My Nudestix Nudies in the shade ‘In The Nude’. It’s looks great on the cheeks, lips and eyes — perfect for girls who are always on-the-go!
What’s your signature scent?
Vaara from Penhaligon’s. I love that it’s unisex and how it smells different on other people. A right balance of bold and refreshing!