Radio / TV Presenter, Travel Host; 27
Portrait by Adele Chan using the Nikon Df
Text by Adele Chan
Hair and makeup by Sonia Chew
I first met Sonia nine years ago when we were introduced by a mutual friend. She was a teenager, had short hair, and was still in school. It’s hard to believe how fast time flies and how much life changes from your teen years to working life. Sonia’s a beautiful example of this; and just like her career, her beauty regime has grown up too. She describes her daily beauty look as natural; she says that she doesn’t play with a lot of eye makeup, but focuses on lips and brows. “Lips are an easy way to look like you have makeup on” — it’s true. Just recently, Sonia was chosen to star in Etude House’s advertising campaign; and that’s an incredible feat considering she’s the first non-Korean to secure an endorsement by the brand. Well done!
Want to get her look? These are the beauty products she uses:
1. Dr. Ci:Labo Super Washing Foam EX
2. Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil
3. Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner
4. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
5. Dr. Ci:Labo Super 100 Series Epidermal Growth Factor
6. Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum
7. Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate
8. Fresh Soy Face Exfoliant
9. Skin Inc Pure Serum Mist
10. Aprilskin Magic Snow Sun Stick
11. L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Laser Laser X3 Anti-Aging Transforming Eye Cream
12. belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
13. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
14. Sephora Ivisilk Mask Pearl
15. Sephora Invisilk Mask Ginseng
1. Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige
2. CHANEL Les Beiges Sheer Healthy Glow Tinted Moisturizer in Light
3. Fenty Beauty Invisimatte Blotting Powder
4. Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Starstruck
5. NARS x Erdem Blush in Loves Me Not
6. Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
7. M.A.C Eye Brow Styler in Lingering
8. Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Petite
9. Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer
10. Clé de Peau Beauté Intensifying Liquid Eyeliner in Brown
11. Etude House Mini Two Match Lip Color in LA Lady
12. Etude House Mini Two Match Lip Color in Red Vinegar
13. CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Lip Balm in Light
1. Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Wash Shampoo
2. Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Care Conditioner
3. GHD Classic Curling Iron
What is the one beauty item you cannot live without?
SUNSCREEN. I get burnt super easily! Can it be two beauty products? Because I also need my Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm!
What’s your signature scent?
This was a recent discovery — Maison Christian Dior’s Sakura fragrance!