Real talk: the majority of us have accidentally left Mother’s Day shopping until the eleventh hour. That being said, there’s bounty to be found if one is persistent enough.
Whatever the reason for scrambling for an equally thoughtful and easy fix, we get it, and we’re here to help. We’ve assembled some of beauty’s most recent beneficiaries that serve as a glimmer of hope below, for your consideration (with shoppable links, you’re so welcome).
If you have the kind of mom that insists she really doesn’t want anything at all, this calls for alluring scents to cater to her different moods and occasions. While most of our relationships with fragrances’ are sort of a touch-and-go (read: our blasé attitude), these fragrances promise to stand tall against the test of time. Goutal Paris for instance, is intoxicating — concocted with iris and rose to harmonise and hypnotise. We’ll take it.
1. Mon Guerlain Bloom of Rose EDT, $137 (50ml)
2. Goutal Paris Étoile d’une Nuit EDP, $210 (50ml)
3. DOLCE PEONY EDP, $106 (30ml)
4. BVLGARI OMNIA PINK SAPPHIRE EDT, $115 (40ml)
5. Maison Francis Kurkdjian L’Eau A La Rose, $260 (70ml)
6. MAISON CHRISTIAN DIOR HOLY PEONY, $315 (125ml)
7. FLORAIKU THE MOUNTAIN STANDING STILL EDP, $475 (50ml)
For busy-bees with limited time to spare, treat your mom to some skin saviours. Think: a serum that soothes and purifies your complexion instantaneously, an exfoliating mask that quenches your skin’s thirst, and a travel-friendly rollerball to massage and moisturise the under eyes. Two thumbs up.
1. Mamonde Red Energy Recovery Serum, $44
2. Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate, $260
3. Innisfree Green Tea Seed Eye & Face Ball, $29
4. BEAUTY EMPORIUM BABOR 3-PIECE AMPOULE SET, $43.50
5. The Body Shop Nicaraguan Coffee Intense Awakening Mask, $35
6. Sephora collection Kale Body Polish, $7
Since mind-reading is not a feasible option for figuring out what to buy for Mother’s Day, luxury makeup is our go-to to cement our status as the favourite child (just kidding!). It is a sound move, especially considering these makeup products have the compliments raining in. From an ultra-full matte lipstick housed in a luxurious gold case to a moisturising cushion compact with a design that symbolises auspicious energy, all we see are wins.
1. chanel LES BEIGES Healthy Glow Sheer Powder, $82
2. ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR STAY-IN-PLACE FLAWLESS WEAR CONCEALER SPF 10, $36
3. Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion EX Phoenix Limited Edition, $80 (available 9 May 2019)
4. YSL beaute ROUGE PUR COUTURE THE SLIM, $54 each
5. Dior Limited Edition Rouge Dior Lipsticks, $52 each
6. Laura Mercier Shimmer Caviar Stick Eye Colour, $49 each
Written by Sinead Lee.