Tech accessories have definitely taken on the prefix of luxury. Think: four-figure sum branded speakers to quarterly releases of new phones.
While we would like to boast that no expense is spared in our pursuit of stylish tech accessories, gadgets and their add ons still need to fulfil its first and foremost command — straddling desirability and practicability. Maybe you’re finally ready to invest in that fitness watch you’ve had your eye on for ages? If not, they will make fabulous gifts within your inner circle.
We did you a solid and rounded up the dreamiest tech gizmos starting from $38 to $249.
We know what you’re thinking; laptop bags aren’t the most glamorous… but they are super practical as well as a straightforward gifting option. From Hershel’s fully-padded and magnetic fasteners to The Paper Bunny’s water-resistant exterior, what you’ll be paying for is functionality and design. We’re sensing a win for this option.
1. Hershel Supply Anchor Sleeve in Fresh Salmon, $69.90
2. Hershel Supply Spokane Sleeve in Plum, $89.90
3. The Paper Bunny You Go Girl Cosmic Laptop Bag, $55
4. Karl Lagerfeld K/Ikoni Laptop Sleeve, $158
5. The Paper Bunny Too Blessed To Be Stressed Laptop Bag, $55
6. Madebyfabrix Commute Case in Denim, $38.08
Smartwatch + Fitness Trackers
How can we amp up that 20-minute workout? Arm yourself with a trusty fitness watch. Equipped with features such as, ‘Pulse Oxsensor’, pieces like the Garmin Vivosmart 4 can gauge blood oxygen saturation levels, as well as dedicated activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, and swimming. Plus, let’s be honest, these watches are perfectly designed to look contemporarily classic.
We are also gearing up for the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 — but what’s new about it from the Mi Band 3? Apart from the similar silhouette, the newer version is armoured with a spanking new 0.95-inch AMOLED display as compared to the previous 0.78. Add to that? It boasts more than 380 screen customisations, voice control and 24-hours heart-rate tracking.
As for the new Fitbit Inspire HR, SmartTrack technology is also implemented — resulting in the device automatically recognising and recording various exercises you do, plus improved battery life up to 5 days!
1. Xiaomi mi Band 4 (TBA)
2. samsung GALAXY FIT E IN BLACK (FITNESS TRACKER), $68
3. Garmin Vivosmart 4 in Berry (Fitness Activity Tracker), $199
4. Fitbit Inspire HR (Fitness Tracker), $158
5. AMAZFIT VERGE IN WHITE (LIFESTYLE SMARTWATCH), USD$159.99
6. Amazfit Moonbeam in Eggshell (activity + sleep tracker), USD$49.99
Instant Film Cameras
The season for instant cameras is upon us. Where the fittest of the fittest compete to sway the hearts of Instax lovers and tech mavens alike. Two new standouts include the Fujifilm Instax Mini Liplay Camera and Canon’s Inspic [S], which has a built-in LED ring light. Other outstanding add-ons from Fujifilm include printing photos directly from your smartphone, which means you can turn any photo into a polaroid in 12 seconds. Love.
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini LiPlay Camera, $249
2. CANON INSPIC [S], $219