Today Samsung introduced a lineup of their latest Galaxy devices that includes the Note 10 and Note 10+, Galaxy Watch Active 2 and Galaxy Tab S. If you’re thinking of preordering any of these, why not take a quick look at all of them first?
Galaxy Note 10 Series
There goes another headphone jack. The latest Note 10 and Note 10+ will only have a single USB-C port, so you’re going to have to find an adaptor or a headset that connects via a type C cable. But check out the rest of its features:
- Two sizes: The Note 10+ has a 6.8″ screen (the biggest Note display ever) and the Note 10 has a 6.3″ screen. Both Galaxy Note will feature a near bezeless dynamic AMOLED Inifinity-O display, thanks to the hole-punch front camera set up.
- Camera: Both devices share a similar camera setup, except that the Note 10+ has an extra DepthVision camera. Other than that, the rear camera consists of a 16MP ultra-wide, a 12MP wide-angle and a 12MP telephoto lens. The front camera is 10MP.
- Processor: The Note 10 series has a top of the line processor in the Samsung Exynos 9825. According to this bechmark, it’s the fourth-ranked mobile processor, just a few steps below Apple’s latest iPhone XS Max. It’s further supported by either 8GB (Note 10) or 12GB (Note 10+) of RAM.
- Battery: While the Note 10 has a 3,500mAh battery, the Note 10+ has an impressive 4,500mAh battery — easily lasting more than a day from regular use. Even if you’re running low on juice, the 45W fast charging adaptor (sold separately) can refuel your device back to full with just 30mins of charging. You’ll also be able to charge your other Qi-enabled device with your Note 10 with the new Wireless PowerShare.
- Improved S Pen: With the upgraded S Pen, you can now interact with your Note 10 and its apps by gesturing in the air. Basically turning your S Pen into a really smart gesture-enabled remote control. Oh and there’s a really nifty function to convert handwritten notes to text format! See it in action over on our Instagram.
- In-screen fingerprint sensor: To make the bezeless display work, Samsung has opted for an under-display fingerprint sensor.
- Video recording capabilities: The Live Focus video mode adds a nice depth-of-field feature so you’ll be able to capture pro-grade video without purchasing extra gear and whatnot.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and 10+ will be available in Aura Glow, Aura White and Aura Black. Preorders begin now from M1, Singtel and Starhub. You can also preorder it via the Samsung Experience Store Online here. The Galaxy Note 10 256GB will retail at $1,398, the Note 10+ 256GB will retail at $1,598 and the Note 10+ 512GB will retail at $1,898. For more info, click here.
Consumers who pre-order the Galaxy Note10 (256GB) and Galaxy Note10+ (256GB) will be entitled to the following complimentary pre-order exclusives (worth $336 and $398 respectively) upon full payment for their pre-order while stocks last:
- Galaxy Note10 (256GB): Galaxy Buds in Black worth $238 and a Samsung Wireless Battery Pack (10,000 mAh) in Silver worth $98.
- Galaxy Note10+ (256GB): a free upgrade to the Galaxy Note10+ (512GB1) worth $300 and a Samsung Wireless Battery Pack (10,000 mAh) in Silver worth $98.
Galaxy Watch Active 2
Half a year later and we’re getting the second iteration of the Galaxy Watch Active already. Though it looks similar, the Active 2 comes packed with more features, naturally.
- Sizes: The Galaxy Watch Active 2 now comes in two sizes — 40mm and 44mm models.
- Rotating Bezel Upgrade: The popular rotating bezel of the Galaxy watches gets upgraded to a digital haptic touch bezel. With the new touch-sensitive edge controls, rotating the bezel has a nice “clicking” feel to it thanks to the haptic feedback.
- Style your watch to how you look: With the MyStyle app, you can now take a photo of your outfit and it’ll generate a set of watch faces that matches the colour of your outfit.
- More accurate wellness and fitness tracking: Samsung’s improved its heart rate and fitness measurements by moving from four to eight LED sensors — allowing for faster and more accurate data.
- LTE enabled: With LTE, you can now do a bunch of things without your phone. Take and make calls, read notifications, stream music or maybe even watch a short movie trailer on YouTube.
- Real-time translation: Powered by Google Translate, you’ll be able to translate voice and text in over 16 languages in real-time.
The Galaxy Watch Active 2 will be available in Cloud Silver, Aqua Black and Pink Gold with an aluminium frame and rubber straps or stainless steel frame with leather straps. It will retail from $280 (40mm) and $429 (44mm). Release date TBA. For more info, click here.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
With the improved S Pen, and a detachable keyboard that has a trackpad, the Tab S6’s a pretty good work device that could potentially replace your laptop.
- Size & Display: At 5.7mm, it’s definitely thinner compared to the 7.1mm of its predecessor (Tab S4) and also the 11″ iPad Pro (5.9mm). It features a 10.5″ super AMOLED display with narrow bezels that don’t house any physical buttons besides the front camera hidden in the top bezel. There’s also an on-screen fingerprint sensor (a first for its tablet).
- Processor: Compared to the Tab S4, the S6’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor will provide 80% more CPU power and 60% graphic boost.
- Battery, RAM & Storage: 7,040mAh battery capacity (roughly 15 hours of use) with either a 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage or 8GB RAM with 256GB of storage.
- S Pen: Unlike the iPad Pro, you’ll be getting the S Pen bundled with the Tab S6, which is nice and makes it an attractive option price-wise. There’s an indentation at the back that magnetically holds the S Pen. According to Samsung, a 10 min charge gets you through an entire day.
- Accessories: Even though the Book Cover Keyboard doesn’t ship with the Tab S6, it’s a really nifty piece of accessory. When fixed to the tablet, the keyboard can be detached from the back cover, which works as a kickstand. The best thing about the keyboard though is the touchpad — which allows it to be a good work device.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 will be available from 24 August 2019 at local telecommunication operators (M1, Singtel and Starhub), major consumer electronics & IT stores, Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore, selected online marketplaces and at all other authorised retailers. It will be available in Mountain Gray and Rose Blush. The Galaxy Tab S6 10.5″ Wi-Fi (128GB) will retail at $998. The Galaxy Tab S6 10.5″ (128GB) will retail at $1,098 and the 256GB will retail at $1,298. For more info, click here.