A product that usually takes a backseat: toner. We see plenty of rosewater variations with a whirlwind of claims yet not many truly understand what a toner does. Brimming with organic extracts, botanical formulas, and calming ingredients, a toner is said to deliver an effective potion that removes leftover impurities and even provide soothing and moisturising effects for the skin. Our judges share their favourite lotion + toners of the lot.
1. Eucerin Pro Acne Toner, $21.90
“Love the smell and the fact that it’s very mattifying! Would be perfect for someone with especially oily skin.” — Hannah
2. Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion, $22.90
“I love the serum-like texture that makes skin feel very plump. Great brand! Would use again.” — Hanli
4. KOSE DECORTÉ Phytotune Hydro Tuner, $68 EDITOR’S PICK!
“An underrated lotion that softens and preps skin beautifully for makeup application.” — Adele
5. LANEIGE Fresh Calming Toner, $40
6. Mamonde Rose Water Toner, $25
8. PERA Skin Care pH Balance Hydrating Facial Toner, $59
9. Pixi Glow Tonic, $22
11. su:m 37 Water-full Radiant Hydrating Glow Toner, $80 WINNER!
“So good! Feels really cooling and hydrating, and the texture is really viscous so it glides on the skin and spreads really easily.” — Aimee