Apple’s keynote this morning pretty much confirmed a lot of the rumours we’ve been getting the past months. From the iPhone 11 Pro and the next iPad to price plans for their streaming and gaming services, here’s a quick look at everything Apple launched early this morning. If you want to check out the Keynote in its entirety, check out the video below.
iPhone 11 & Pro/Pro Max lineup
Apple launched three iPhone 11 models that include the “Pro” versions that feature the triple-camera setup and other improved specs. From what we can tell, the basic iPhone 11 shares similar features with its Pro model, but with only a dual-camera setup.
iPhone 11 Pro & Pro Max key features:
- Brightest display ever with Super Retina XDR OLED on the 5.8″ iPhone 11 Pro and 6.5″ Pro Max.
- A rear triple-camera system featuring a 12MP main, 13MP ultra-wide, and 12MP telephoto lens with 4x optical zoom.
- 4K video recording (up to 60 fps and 120 fps slow-mo) on both rear and front cameras and a slow-mo selfie video recording feature.
- Top of the line A13 processor that according to Apple, will provide the iPhone 11 Pro four more hours of battery life in a day than the iPhone Xs and iPhone 11 Pro Max getting five more hours than the Xs Max.
- 64GB, 256GB and 512GB storage capacities.
- IP68 certified. Splash, water and dust resistant with a maximum depth of four meters for up to 30 minutes in water.
- iOS 13 coming as a free update on 19 September.
- WiFi 6.
- Any purchase of the iPhone comes with one year of Apple TV+ for free.
Sample photos shot on the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro via Apple
The iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max will be priced from $1,649 and $1,799 respectively in midnight green, space grey, silver and gold. The iPhone 11 will be priced from $1,149 in purple, green, yellow, black, white and PRODUCT(RED). Pre-orders begin 13 Sept (Friday) and sales begin 20 Sept (Fri) from Apple online, authorised resellers and your local telcos. For more information, please click here.
Apple Watch Series 5
The successor to Series 4, the Apple Watch Series 5 has a new case material made from titanium in two finishes. Purchasing the Series 5 in-store will also allow you to mix and match the case and band you prefer.
Apple Watch Series 5 key features:
- With the new always-on Retina display, you can check notifications and time without tapping or lifting it.
- 18-hour battery life even with the always-on display, according to Apple.
- A built-in compass with an updated Maps app and elevation feature.
The Apple Watch Series 5 is priced from $599 for the GPS model and $749 for the GPS + Cellular model. Available in natural titanium, space black titanium and ceramic white. Pre-orders begin today and sales begin 20 Sept (Fri) from Apple online and authorised resellers. For more info, please click here.
Apple 10.2″ iPad 2019
The new 10.2″ iPad will replace the 9.7″ iPad Pro with a larger Retina display with nearly 3.5 million pixels and a wide viewing angle.
10.2″ iPad 2019 key features:
- A10 Fusion chip, which Apple claims that it’s “two times faster performance over the top-selling Windows PC”.
- Ships with the latest iPad OS.
- 32GB and 128GB storage capacities.
- Support for Apple Pencil (1st Gen) and smart keyboard.
- Free engraving if purchased online.
The iPad WiFi model is priced from $499 and the iPad Wifi + Cellular is priced from $649. Available in space grey, silver and gold. Pre-orders begin today and sales begin 30 Sept (Mon) from Apple online and authorised resellers. For more info, please click here.
Apple TV+ & Apple Arcade
With a $6 billion reported budget to rope in the biggest names in Hollywood, Apple TV+’s officially launching on 1 Nov. Customers who purchase a new Apple device will also get a year free subscription. Apple Arcade is the world’s first gaming subscription service with currently over 100 games in its catalogue launching on 20 Sept.
Apple TV+ key features:
- $6.98/month with a 7-day free trial.
- Users can also watch Apple TV+ on web browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) as well.
- Up to 6 family members can share one Apple TV+ subscription.
- Ability to download shows to watch offline.
Apple TV+ will be available on the Apple TV app on 1 Nov at $6.98/month. For more info, please click here.
Apple Arcade key features:
- $6.98/month with a one-month free trial.
- Up to 6 family members can share one Apple Arcade subscription.
- Playable across iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch, Mac and Apple TV.
- All games will be available for offline play.
- Over 100 games with more titles introduced every month.
- No ads or additional purchases while gaming.
Apple Arcade will be available via a new tab on the App Store on 20 Sept at $6.98/month. For more info, please click here.