The only true measure of how good your makeup lies in how well it sits on your face after hours of wearing it out. Just admit it — it’s especially true when getting the perfect base is concerned. And so just when you thought the high street beauty mecca couldn’t get any better, Shiseido has put forth a base makeup collection that’s taking things up to the next level.
Consider this a revamp of their much-loved complexion products. Now, you’re looking at a long-lasting foundation that goes on like second skin, or a concealer that feels as light as air — all tied together with a “self-refreshing” concept that looks like your base makeup is freshly applied, no matter how long it’s been on your skin. Obviously, we couldn’t be more excited to welcome Shiseido’s Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Collection to our beauty stashes.
THE SELF-REFRESHING TECHNOLOGY
At the forefront of beauty innovations, Shiseido has remained a household name to many with smart products that continue to transcend the limits of traditional cosmetics. This launch is no different.
Consisting of seven products, two brushes, and 36 shades, the Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing collection features not just weightless formulas, but makeup that adapts, reacts, and adjusts to our environments, in order to preserve that fresh finish from day to night, looking like your makeup’s always just-applied.
This is done via a Shiseido-exclusive, ActiveForce™ Technology, developed in the brand’s laboratories, which allows the base makeup formulas to “resist humidity, respond to heat, rebound from facial movement, absorb oil, diffuse light, and protect against UV rays”. These work together with humidity and movement, rather than against it, in order to improve our experience of wearing makeup.
- ActiGel — uses moisture and perspiration to create an invisible barrier that prolongs wear
- Time Match Powder — coats itself with oil and sebum naturally occuring in skin, which increases the diffusion of light for a soft glow
- Self-Repair Gel — an “elastic” blend of polymers that actively sync and move in tandem with your facial expressions
To talk about the collection, we also sat down with the makeup maestro himself, Vincent Oquendo, to learn more about getting the perfect base, and pulling together a trendy look with the help of Shiseido’s base collection.
Perhaps you’ll also resonate with Vincent’s explanation of the innovative technology: “So when you work out at the gym, the outfits that you wear flicks the sweat off of you, right? So you never feel soggy and wet. The same idea of the technology is in the Self-Refreshing Concealer.” And the rest of the collection too, we might add.
HOW TO WEAR THE COLLECTION
What does one do when offered airtime with the makeup artist of celebrities such as Lily Collins, Karlie Kloss, Hailey Baldwin (or, Bieber), and Emma Roberts? A makeup tutorial, of course! Here’s Vincent creating a bold, inspired look, and a step-by-step guide on how you can do the same.
And voila! The final look!
To have a close up of the full Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Collection, peep here:
1. SYNCHRO SKIN SELF-REFRESHING FOUNDATION, $74
2. SYNCHRO SKIN SELF-REFRESHING CUSHION COMPACT (REFILL), $55
3. SYNCHRO SKIN INVISIBLE SILK PRESSED POWDER, $70
4. SYNCHRO SKIN INVISIBLE SILK LOOSE POWDER, $70
5. SYNCHRO SKIN SELF-REFRESHING CONCEALER, $46
6. SYNCHRO SKIN CORRECTING GELSTICK CONCEALER, $46
7. HANATSUBAKI HAKE POLISHING FACE BRUSH, $63
8. TSUTSU FUDE CONCEALER BRUSH, $34
Available at all Shiseido counters and Sephora. Check out the latest Shiseido boutique at ION Orchard, #B2-51 too! shiseido.com.sg