Are you bored with doing takeouts all the time, or afraid of having to wait to dine-in? If it is a “yes” to both then it’s time to consider getting yourself a DIY meal kit instead. These convenient packages come packed with pre-prepped ingredients and a recipe which contains clear cooking instructions for you to easily whip up a scrumptious meal right at home.
Here are six restaurants offering DIY meal kits you can try when you’re hungry for something different.
KNEAD TO EAT
Local café Knead to Eat offers ready-to-eat DIY Sandwich Boxes and DIY Grain Bowls in the form of Family Meal Boxes which can serve up to four. Each box comes with a recipe, pre-packed ingredients and soups which you can easily put together and reheat to serve in less than 30 minutes.
DIY Sandwich Boxes available:
1. The Whole Hog, $59.90 (Comes with your choice of Bread, Sliced Gammon Ham, BBQ Pulled Pork, Cheddar Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes, Apple Coleslaw, Herbed Sourcream & Mustard Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
2. Chicken Licken, $59.90 (Comes with your choice of Bread, Cajun Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Cheddar Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes, Cucumber, Herbed Sourcream & Tomato Chutney Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
3. Surf & Turf, $63.90 (Comes with your choice of Bread, Roast Beef, Tuna Mayo Cheddar Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, Herbed Sourcream & Mustard Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
4. Very Veggie, $59.90 (Comes with your choice of Bread, Handmade Falafels, Roasted Veggies, Feta Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes, Caramelised Onions, Herbed Sourcream & Tomato Chutney Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
DIY Grain Bowls available:
1. Taste of Asia, $73.90 (Comes with your choice of 2 Bases, Grilled Salmon, Teriyaki King Oyster Mushrooms, Pickled Cucumber, Sesame Tofu, Spicy Edamame, Sesame Ginger & Sweet Chili Lime Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
2. Tex-Mex, $69.90 (Comes with your choice of 2 Bases, BBQ Pulled Pork, Chili ‘Con Carne’ (veg), Cheesy Corn, Mixed Bean Salsa, Apple Coleslaw, Honey Mustard & Spicy Salsa Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
3. Wild Wild West, $69.90 (Comes with your choice of 2 Bases, Cajun Chicken, Pesto Chicken, Garlic Broccoli, Sweet Potato, Cherry Tomatoes, Balsamic Vinaigrette & Honey Mustard Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
4. Spices of India, $69.90 (Comes with your choice of 2 Bases, Chicken Tikka Masala, Homemade Falafel (Veg), Spicy Eggplant, Roasted Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Mint Yoghurt & Spicy Salsa Dressing, and your choice of 2 soups)
🛵 Free delivery with a minimum order of $80 and above
🛵 Delivery charge from $5 will apply for orders below $80
You can order Knead to Eat’s DIY Family Meal Boxes here.
Whip up Korean meals at home with a series of DIY meal kits from Korean restaurant, Ajumma’s. Their kits come pre-packed with all you’ll need to make dishes like their Army Base Stew and the famous Parasite dish — Chappaguri or ram-don. All kits will also come with a recipe card as well as two free side dishes that will complete your meal.
DIY Meal Kits available:
1. Army Base Stew, $17.90
2. Chappaguri, $25.90
Delivery fee: From $4
You can call 8798 2305 or drop Ajumma’s an Instagram DM to order or view the complete list of DIY meal kits.
PARK BENCH DELI
Recreate three of Park Bench Deli’s gourmet creations in the comfort of your home! Each kit is packed full of ingredients you’ll need to create a meal for 2 to 4 people. As a bonus, every kit packed and delivered will come with 4 Ramona Wine Spritzers to complement your meal.
DIY Kits available:
1. PB&J DIY Kit, $40 (Comes with Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, Almond Hazelnut Butter, and Bakery Brera Brioche Loaf)
2. Pastrami Reuben DIY Kit, $75 (Comes with 8 slices of Rye Bread, 500g of Pastrami, Pastrami Jus, 8 slices of Swiss Cheese, Russian Dressed Coleslaw, Heinz Mustard, and Dill Pickles)
3. Cheeseburger Pack DIY Kit, $72 (Comes with 8 Beef Burger Patties, Cheddar Slices, Comeback Sauce, and Martin’s Potato Roll)
Delivery fee: From $5
You can order Park Bench Deli’s DIY Kits here.
Craving Mexican? Papi’s Tacos has created a way for you to make your own tacos at home where the whole family can participate in creating their meal for the day. You can also choose to round off your meal with a bottle of pre-mix margarita (from $60).
DIY Meal Kit available: Home DIY Taco Kit, from $99 (Comes with choice of 3 fillings and 3 sides)
Delivery fee: From $10
You can order Papi’s Tacos’ Home DIY Taco Kit here.
Always wanted to try creating pizza from scratch? Bella Pizza is offering you an opportunity to make your own pizza and calzone with their DIY kits. Packed with the dough and ingredients you’ll need, creating your own Italian savoury delight will now be a breeze!
DIY Kits available:
1. DIY Pizza Kit, from $18 (Comes with Ready-Made Dough, Hand-Picked Tuscan Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Basil Leaves, Cherry Tomatoes, and Olive Oil)
2. DIY Calzone Napoletana Kit, $22 (Comes with Ready-Made Dough, Hand-Picked Tuscan Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Ricotta, Salami, and Parmesan)
3. DIY Calzone Prosciutto E Funghi Kit, $22 (Comes with Ready-Made Dough, Hand-Picked Tuscan Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Cooked Ham, and Mushrooms)
Delivery fee: $7 with a minimum $50 order
You can order Bella Pizza’s DIY Kits here.
Ippudo presents its first-ever home cooking Ramen Meal Kit which allows you to whip up your very own Hakata-style ramen in under 20 minutes. The Japanese ramen chain is also offering a gyoza kit and chashu kit to go along with their ramen kits.
DIY Kits available:
1. Shiromaru Ramen Kit, $15.30 (Comes with Hakata-style thin ramen noodles, creamy tonkotsu soup base, 2 slices of pork belly chashu, and marinated black fungus)
2. Akamaru Ramen Kit, $16.35 (Comes with Hakata-style thin ramen noodles, creamy tonkotsu soup base, 2 slices of pork belly chashu, marinated black fungus, Ippudo’s original red miso paste, and fragrant garlic oil)
3. Japanese Hakata Style Gyoza Kit, $45.45 (Contains 30 pieces of bite-sized chicken gyoza)
4. Pork Belly Chashu Kit, $55.65 (Contains 750g of pork belly chashu)
Delivery fee: From $10
You can order Ippudo’s DIY kits here.
Banner image courtesy of Park Bench Deli, Knead to Eat, and Ajumma’s.