Since the launch of Urban Decay’s new Ultraviolet palette and even Converse’s iridescent Chucks, it’s clear that the holographic trend is still going strong, and we’re all for it. I’ve always been a fan of iridescent makeup, and if you’ve been thinking of jumping on the bandwagon, here are a few products that will literally give you the glow up you’ve been looking for.
1. ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS AURORA GLOW KIT ($65)
2. Lime Crime Hi-Lites Opals ($58.35)
3. Inc.redible You Glow Girl Jelly Highlighter ($15)
4. Pat McGrath Labs Sublime Skin Highlighting Trio ($74)
When you think about holographic beauty, the first thing that probably comes to mind would be highlighters. I personally swear by the Anastasia Beverly Hills Aurora Glow Kit and use it every single time I do my makeup, and I use the INC.redible Jelly Highlighter on my lazy days. Whether you prefer a more subtle sheen or you aim to blind anyone who looks your way, these illuminating highlighters will do the trick.
1. Tarte Sea H₂O Gloss Lip Gloss ($22.40 U.P. $32)
2. Butter London Glazen Lip Glaze ($28)
3. Pat McGrath Labs OpuLUST: Lip Gloss ($46)
Not everyone wants overly-shiny lips, and we get that. However, if you’re looking for some extra sparkle, these glosses are right up your alley. Use them alone for some sheer sparkle or layer them over your regular lipstick to add a little more dimension to your lips.
1. Ciaté London Dewy Spritz Luminous Prime & Set Spray ($38)
2. Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray ($33.60 U.P. $48)
If you’re a fan of matte makeup but you still want to glow a little, these setting sprays provide the pearlescent finish you’re looking for, without the extra effort. Either prime your skin or set your makeup with a few spritzes of these and you’re good to go — just remember to shake the bottles first so the glitter particles distribute evenly across your skin.
1. IGK Foamo Holographic Hair Foam ($32)
2. BRIOGEO Sea Goddess Hair + Body Shimmer Mist ($25.90 U.P. $37)
If you really want to glow all over, why not add some sparkle to your hair too? IGK’s Hair Foam is packed with glitter, moonstone extract and blue sea kelp extract to give you a luscious, blue and purple holographic sheen as you style your hair. On the other hand, Briogeo’s Shimmer Mist can be used on both your hair and your body to provide a lightweight, silvery-blue iridescence, and it smells great too.
Special Mention: Rituel De Fille
1. Rituel De Fille Metamorphic Highlighter: The Enchantress (USD32)
2. Rituel De Fille Metamorphic Highlighter: High Priestess (USD32)
3. Rituel De Fille Metamorphic Highlighter: The Siren (USD32)
4. Rituel De Fille Metamorphic Highlighter: The Sorcerer (USD32)
If we’re talking holographic, Rituel De Fille is one beauty brand you absolutely cannot miss. We first spotted this US-based brand a couple months back, and they now ship to Singapore! Their Metamorphic Highlighters are stunning, and can be used all over the body to provide a bewitching glow that will make you look out of this world. Use it with a fan brush and a light hand for a softer shine, or go all out with your finger tips or a denser brush until you get the glow you desire.
Banner Images courtesy of Rituel De Fille.