Are we impressed by LANEIGE’s cushion foundations? Yes, especially knowing that the k-beauty brand brought BB cushions into the mainstream. Does this then mean they can rest easy, and be content with their prominent position in the beauty market? Not at all.
Ever one for cushion innovation, LANEIGE is about to introduce two new cushion foundations this September — in what looks to be the cutest packaging ever, and a formula that boasts blue light protection to boot. Say hello to the LANEIGE NEO Cushion.
Tech gadget or cushion foundation? We’re obviously looking at the latter, though the sleek cubic casing can easily pass off as your latest version of the AirPods Charging Case too. Available in two cute pastel colours, NEO Pink and NEO Mint, each shade corresponds to a different foundation finish, created to suit different skin needs — the NEO Cushion Glow in pink gives us a soft, dewy complexion, while the NEO Cushion Matte in mint is more for an even, soft matte finish.
In fact, the idea of a square-like cushion came about due to the brand collaborating with Korean designer Yeongkyu Yoo, who used to be the creative director at Samsung, Nike and Microsoft HQ, and is meant to give us a fresh new perspective of the typical round cushion. That little challenge is what makes the product highly aesthetic, so we can’t wait to whip this out on our next touch-up session. There is, of course, a lot of practicality to its design; the cushion refill can be easily removed, like its predecessors, though you can choose to open the cover either on the left or right. The borderless design also makes it extremely comfortable to hold, whether you’re left- or right-handed.
What’s particularly impressive is that LANEIGE isn’t just giving us cute new accessories to play around with — they’ve also taken into account our modern skincare concerns, and have improved the formulas of their foundations. It’s no secret that we’re highly susceptible to harmful blue light emitted from our gadgets, smartphones and laptops included, which — gasp! — are said to penetrate more deeply than UV rays. The new NEO Cushion therefore contains skincare ingredients that minimise blue light damage to our skin, and is the first cushion in AMOREPACIFIC’s stable of brands to be blue light certified.
Here, we’re giving you a quick breakdown of the two new cushions — the NEO Cushion Glow and the NEO Cushion Matte.
NEO CUSHION GLOW
- Foundation Finish: A “prism-like” glowy complexion.
- Recommended for: dry and dull skin; those who want radiant-looking skin; those looking for a 24-hour hydrating cushion.
- Dewy glow; enabled by Liquid Diamond™ technology, made up of liquefied diamond powder, and nano silver glitter so you glow radiantly from every angle.
- 24-hour hydration; contains 5.7 times higher moisturising ingredients compared to the LANEIGE BB Cushion_Whitening, while a patented Dewy Lasting Technology makes it feel like you just applied a hydrating mist.
- A brighter-looking complexion; Niacinamide helps brighten dull skin, while True Color Solution™ pigments are tested to provide an anti-darkening effect.
- The Puff; a patented “Air-Hole Puff” where the middle of the puff contains 40 air holes, which results in soft application on the skin without losing moisture.
NEO CUSHION MATTE
- Foundation Finish: A soft semi-matte complexion.
- Recommended for: oily skin; those who want to cover pores and blemishes; those looking for sweat-resistant makeup.
- Medium-to-full buildable coverage; VIVID COVERAGE™ technology, of ultra-light powders that are good at covering pores, imperfections and unevenness, while feeling weightless.
- 24-hour sweat-resistant wear; Humid Defense™ technology controls excessive sebum.
- Transfer-proof; a long-lasting formula that’s said to remain after saunas and intensive exercise, and doesn’t transfer onto face masks too.
- The Puff; tiny slits on the surface of the puff enable better absorption and application for the foundation to spread more evenly.
The LANEIGE NEO Cushion Glow and NEO Cushion Matte come in 8 different shades. No doubt, we’re eager to test them out, and tout them about in our on-the-go makeup bags as soon as they launch in September.