You know the drill, collecting red packets (or, giving them out) has to be one of the most prominent rituals during the Lunar New Year festivities — and you’ll want an appropriate bag for the occasion. It could be something smaller in size to differentiate from your all-purpose work totes, one that doubles up as clutch and crossbody for versatility throughout the day, or a softly-structured style that signals casual-chic. We’ve got just the thing.
Ahead, our list of 8 dream bags perfect for CNY, complete with trendy ruched details and relaxed dumpling or bao-inspired silhouettes, for all kinds of budgets. For those who’d like to up the traditional Chinese inspiration a little more, there’s even a cute mini bag inspired by old-school tiffin carriers. Shop away!
1. BONIA — Ixora Tiffin Bag in Ginger Biscuit. $465.
2. TOD’S — Bucket Bag in Leather Medium, White / Pink / Grey. USD2,245.
3. ELLEME — Baozi in Vintage Leather Cherry. USD445.50.
4. CHARLES & KEITH — Solange Double Chain Handle Slouchy Bag in Brown. $69.90.
5. ALAÏA — Rose Marie small studded leather bucket bag in Beige. $1,564.
6. IN GOOD COMPANY — POUF Cotton Bag. $89.
7. LOEWE — Flamenco Mini Leather Clutch in Chartreuse. $2,883.
8. 0711 — Green Small Nino Tote. USD350.