The lifespan of your makeup is constantly at the mercy of Singapore’s continual heatwave; is there anything quite as exasperating as watching the makeup you spent perfecting melt off your face? In the meantime, let’s deal with it the best way we know how: by picking out a powerful primer — aka primers that promise fresh, luminous skin and long-lasting coverage that grips onto makeup. Our panel of judges share their favourites!
1. Biore UV Makeup Base (Covering, Oil Control, Bright Up) WINNER!
2. Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Pearl Primer, $56
“Really helps brighten and mattify the skin to prep for foundation application — also, it’s an improvement over the regular Benefit primer because it doesn’t cause your skin tog et oily over the day.” — Jemma
3. Bobbi Brown Primer Plus Protection, $58
4. Clarins SOS Primer, $56
5. Gosh Primer Plus+ Skin Adapter in 005 Chameleon, $35.90
“Really does make my skin appear smoother and gives it a radiant finish – love the fact that it is perfume and paraben free, too.” — Hannah
6. Make Up For Ever Step 1 Eye & Lip Equalizer Primer, $39
7. Mamonde Aqua Glow Ball Base, $30
8. NARS Smudge Proof Tinted Eyeshadow Base, $40
“Amazing! Super long-lasting, applies smoothly (like a concealer consistency) and isn’t sticky at all. Doesn’t crease, and feels a bit grippier than other shadow primer.” — Hannah
9. NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Primer, $27
10. SOFINA Primavista Ange Long Keep Base UV Primer, $25.90
11. Tatcha Silk Canvas Protective Primer, $72 EDITOR’S PICK!
“Silky as its name implies, and dries down to a semi-powdery matte finish. Also smells divine!” — Adele
More of NYLON Singapore’s Beauty Hit List 2019, coming soon — stay tuned! Click here to see our full list.
You must be logged in to post a comment.