Regardless of any lipstick you’re wearing, layering on some lip balm on your puckers is a definite must. Trust us — you wouldn’t want to be caught out with dry, cracked lips when you’re already all dolled up now do you? Sure, licking your lips may temporarily moisturise it but it can also dry them out too — which is exactly why lip balms are a necessity. Here, we’ve rounded up some of the best hydration-packed formulas to protect your lips all year round.
1. Albion Hydro Charge Lip, $40
2. Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm, $26
3. LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm, $33 WINNER!
“I like this, gives a good amount of shine to the lips that doesn’t go off too easily. Super moisturising as well as easy to apply on a lip colour too without smudging too much” — Jemma
“Smells divine, easy to apply and actually works.” — Hanli
4. Mentholatum CC Lip Cream Ardent Red, $7.90
5. NARS Afterglow Lip Balm Orgasm, $40
6. NIVEA Lip Crayon, $7.90
7. Origins Blooming Sheer Lip Balm, $33
8. Shiseido Makeup ColorGel LipBalm, $46EDITOR’S PICK!
“Beautiful texture that just glides on smoothly, hydrating and nice sleek packaging.” — Adele
10. The Body Shop Lip Juicer, $14
“LOVE THESE. Adds a subtle colour and makes my lips feel super moisturised — they look perfect.” — Aimee
More of NYLON Singapore’s Beauty Hit List 2019, coming soon — stay tuned! Click here to see our full list.