Have a meeting scheduled at 10AM but you only just got out of bed? Obviously, we don’t have to tell you to head to the shower for a quick rinse, but if you’re looking to pull a presentable front in less than a fiver then you’ve come to the right page.
Many of us are currently working from home (WFH) and if you’re one who is always struggling to get yourself together for that conference call you have planned with your colleagues, then learning a quick beauty routine would save yourself from your next panic attack. Sure, if you’re so used to dolling up under pressure then kudos to you. But if you’re looking to rush through it without looking like a hot mess then read on.
STEP 1 — FOUNDATION
Though we might have been guilty of letting our beauty routines fall by the wayside, making sure that we present ourselves well in front of our colleagues, let alone our bosses, should be our top priority even if we’re working at the comfort of our home.
To start off, work on your base to achieve a flawless complexion. Now, you can choose whichever way you’d best apply your favourite foundations, but if you’re in a mad rush to get ready, you’d be better off just using your fingers to dab it on — well, only if you’re using a liquid foundation that is.
1. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream SPF 50, $62
2. HERA Black Foundation, $75
3. shu uemura Unlimited Shaping Foundation Stick SPF21/PA++, $72
4. Shiseido Synchro Skin Self Refreshing Cushion Compact, $68.50
5. NYX Professional Makeup Born to Glow Naturally Radiant Foundation, $17.50
6. By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Foundation, $86
STEP 2 — CONCEALER
Set aside the liquid foundation — concealers are definitely our trusty heroes when it comes to concealing imperfections. No foundation? No problem. All you need is a medium to full coverage concealer to cover up that zit of yours or use it to disguise those heavy eyebags, no thanks to all those late nights binge-watching your favourite Netflix series.
Otherwise, you can also use it to layer it on top of your foundation if your skin needs a little more help with coverage.
1. Rimmel Lasting Radiance Concealer, $12.50
2. HERA Black Concealer Spread Cover, $48
3. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer, $72
4. Dior Forever Skin Corrector Concealer, $63 (Available from 15 April onwards)
5. PÜR 4-in-1 Love Your Selfie Longwear Foundation and Concealer, $56
6. Natasha Denona Transfix Matte Concealer, $42
STEP 3 — BLUSH
To avoid looking pale and washed out on screen, incorporating a brush is an essential step to this beauty routine. Just pop a little blush on the apples of your cheeks or if you’re using a lip tint, you can also double it up and layer it onto your lips so you can skip Step 6.
1. NUDESTIX Nudies Bloom, $52.50
2. NARS Liquid Blush, $52
3. Smashbox Cali Kissed Highlight & Blush Palette, $60
4. 3INA Makeup Adrenaline Blush, $26.50
5. Ciaté London Dewy Blush, $25
6. TheBalm Hot Mama Shadow & Blush Pressed Powder, $18
STEP 4 — BROWS
We’ve all come to agree that brows have been an integral part of our beauty routines. Heck, some of us can’t even step out of the house without filling them in. Thankfully enough, if you’re up for a Zoom meeting, reach out for an easy failproof brow pencil to frame your face. Of course, don’t forget to brush through your brow hairs with a spoolie — but I guess you would know of that already wouldn’t you?
1. Max Factor Real Brow Fill and Shape Pencil, $17.50
2. delilah Double Ended Eyebrow Groomer, $38.50
3. Eyeko Define It Brow Pencil, $31.50
4. Urban Decay Brow Beater Eyebrow Pencil, $33
5. Benefit Cosmetics Brow Pencil Party, $60
6. Tarte Sketch & Set™ Brow Pencil & Tinted Gel, $36
STEP 5 — EYESHADOW
Now you’re down to the last 2 minutes before your next conference call. But what about your eyes? Instead of leaving them bare (and if you can still afford the time to), quickly layer on some eyeshadow on your lids to pull your look together. In fact, consider using an eyeshadow stick in place of your typical eyeshadow palette. With the use of one shade, create some depth by swiping them over your lids before smudging it out for an effortlessly chic look.
1. Nudestix Magnetic Luminous Eye Color, $41
2. 3CE One Color Shadow, $18
3. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour, $49
4. Revlon ColorStay Velour Stick Eye Shadow, $12.50
5. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Bronze Shadow Duo, $56
6. BBB London Eye Wonder Colour Stick, $33.50
STEP 6 — LIP BALM/LIP TINT
Last but not least, we all know we can’t miss out on giving our pout some colour. If you haven’t layered on some lip tint prior to this step, try putting on your favourite tinted lip balm to add a splash of colour to your lips without having to look like you overdid it.