Just because you have to ditch your vacation plans because of the coronavirus, summer is not cancelled. And though it might be different from the rest of the years, this season we’re all about experimenting with new looks from the comfort of our homes.
This time, we’re completely enamoured by the Spring/Summer 2020 colour palette that brings about a sense of familiarity. According to Pantone, we can expect trends that are “friendly and relatable — a palette of colours that conveys a sense of ease — with some unique twists and turns”. Think — bold scarlet reds to classic blues. To get ahead of the curve, scroll through for some of the summer makeup trends that you can look forward to this season.
You can never go wrong with a fiery shade like this. With an energetic and fiery red hue, this sartorial shade undoubtedly makes a bold statement for the summer. Wear it on your lips, your cheeks or even on your lids for a look that turns heads.
1. Limited Edition Tom Ford Lost Cherry Special Deco Set, $304. Exclusively available at all TOM FORD Boutiques islandwide from July 2020 onwards.
2. Clarins Lip Comfort Oil Intense in intense red, $36. Available at CLARINS.COM.SG and all Clarins boutiques and selected counters.
3. YSL BEAUTY Rouge Pur Couture The Slim Wild Collector ($52). available from 7 August online at TANGS.COM, METRO.COM, ISETAN.COM.SG, and BHG.COM.SG, and via YSL BEAUTY’S Phone Delivery platform.
4. BENEFIT COSMETICS California Kissin’ ColorBalm in cherry, $36. Available at SEPHORA.
5. HERA Sensual Powder Matte in 337 Rose Pepper, $43. Available at HERA counters and boutiques.
6. Gucci Beauty Rouge à Lèvres Mat in 511 Madge Red, $53. Available at TANGS.COM.
7. Kate Tokyo Red Nude in Rouge 01, $25. Available at Don Don Donki, Welcia and selected Watsons, and LAZADA and SHOPEE.
UNDER THE SEA
Evocative of the vast and infinite evening sky, the classic blue has been announced as the Pantone Colour of 2020. The approachable hue conveys comfort and ease that pairs surprisingly well with many colour combinations, and even on your lids. Given that wearing face masks is the new norm for our foreseeable future, adding a dose of the classic blue to your lids might just be what you need to spruce up your eye look.
1. Milani Gilded Eyeshadow Palette in Violet, $43.40. Available at selected Watsons stores and WATSONS.COM.SG.
2. Dior 5 Couleurs Color Games in 287 Dive ($107). Available at via their complimentary HOME DELIVERY SERVICE and at all Dior counters.
3. Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascaras in Blue, $54. Available at all Dior counters from 1 July 2020.
4. Diorshow 5 Couleurs Couture Eyeshadow Palette in 279 Denim. Available at all Dior counters from 1 July 2020.
5. Diorshow 24H Stylo Eyeliner in Matte Blue, $39. Available at all Dior counters from 1 July 2020.
6. M.A.C COSMETICS Mosaic Masterpiece – Extra Dimension Skinfinish Highlighter (Limited Edition), $62. AVAILABLE AT SEPHORA.
7. Armani Beauty Designer Essence-in-balm Mesh Cushion, $108. AVAILABLE AT TANGS.COM.
8. Sephora Collection Sephora x Stabilo Felt EyeLiner, $15. Available at SEPHORA.
For a bright pop of colour in your palette, the vivid, warm Saffron shade is the way to go — and what better way to complement this than with a sunkissed look. Honestly, nothing screams “summer” like sunkissed skin and eyes. It adds some brilliance to your look despite you not being able to bask in the sun. Add some bronzer and eyeshadow before topping it off with your favourite highlight for that lit-from-within summer glow.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush bronzer, $82. Available at Sephora from 30 June.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette of Mattes in Desert Haze, $92. Available at exclusively on CT.COM.
3. Clarins Lip Comfort Oil Intense in intense nude, $36. Available at CLARINS.COM.SG and all Clarins boutiques and selected counters.
4. Christian Louboutin Beauty Silky Satin Lip Colour in Me Nude, $142. Available on TANGS.COM and at TANGS at Tang Plaza.
5. Fenty Beauty Slip Shine Sheer Shiny Lipstick in Bubblerum, $35. Available at SEPHORA.
6. HERA Sensual Powder Matte in 459 Butter Scotch, $43. Available at HERA counters and boutiques.
7. Victoria Beckham Beauty Smoky Eye Brick in Tweed, £50. Available at NET-A-PORTER.
8. NARS Bronzing Powder, $65. Available at SEPHORA.
9. NARS Paradise Found Bronzing Powder, $65. Available at SEPHORA.
10. M.A.C Cosmetics Fix+ (Shimmer) In Bronzelite (Limited Edition), $39. Available at SEPHORA.