We’d like to say maybe you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but who are we kidding? We’re packaging snobs at best, especially when it comes to perfumes and their oh-so-fancy flacons.
Below, the brands that won us over solely based on looks for that perfect #shelfie — to give or to keep you spritzing, in no particular order.
FOR THE HIGH SES CROWD
Stunning from every angle seems to be the theme du jour — think a rich scent housed in a crystal gold jar reminiscent of fairytale-inspired ornaments, as well as a seductive and striking silhouette, designed to create a spectacle. Here’s looking at you, Carolina Herrera. The polished packaging may draw you in, but the romantic scents should be another reason you add this to your cart.
1. Carolina Herrera Good Girl Velvet Fatale, $120
2. Anna Sui Fantasia Eau De Toilette, $99
3. Miu Miu Twist Eau de Parfum, $118
4. Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, $191
5. MFK BACCARAT ROUGE 540 EXTRAIT DE PARFUM, €295
6.Huda Beauty Kayali Musk, $175
7. Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord For Her Eau de Parfum, $141
FOR THE ONES THAT BREATHE MINIMALISM
Calling all strict minimalists, these brands have transformed their flacons to lure our inner aesthetic queens. We’re talking rearranging your collection of glossy coffee table mags just to snap a picture of your sultry new perfume for the gram. Love.
1. Tiffany & Co. Sheer Eau de Toilette, USD$119
2. OUAI Mercer Street Eau De Parfum, $80
3. Maison Margiela Replica Lazy Sunday Morning, $145
4. Burberry Her Eau De Parfum, $218
5. Byredo Unnamed Eau De Parfum, €170
6. Louis Vuitton Apogee, USD$250
FOR THOSE THAT LOVE A SPLASH OF COLOUR
If the word “subtle” isn’t part of your fragrance vocabulary, maybe it’s time to turn to perfumes like Prada Candy and Jimmy Choo Fever. Not only are these bottles so good lookin’ that we want to display them everywhere, but their sweet scents are just as intoxicating as their pretty packaging.
1. Marc Jacobs Daisy So Fresh Eau De Toilette, $125
2. Kenzo World Intense Limited Edition Eau De Parfum, $133
3. Bvlgari Rose Goldea Limited Edition, $232
4. Prada Candy Sugar Pop Eau De Parfum, $152
5. Salvatore Ferragamo Amo, $212
6. Jimmy Choo Fever, $79
7. Berdoues Grands Crus Somei Yoshino, €85
@annasui, @chanelofficial, @kayali ,@PRADA, @JIMMYCHOO, @nylonsg, @carolinaherrera, @franciskurkdijan, @theouai, @louisvuitton, @masha, @fragrancefoundation, @officialbyredo, @annaponsalopez