Dry skin is so not sexy. Often, we run the risk of neglecting what staying in an air-conditioned room for nine hours a day can do to our skin. We wonder aloud, as this brews up the perfect storm for dehydrated skin. Think: rough skin, cracked lips, small flaky patches. Attention must be paid.
To help you devise your dry office skin survival guide, we rounded up a list of some of our favourite moisturisers, mists, and lip balms.
HAND AND LEG CREAMS
Before you know it, all the emails you’re replying and presentation decks you’re preparing, your hands are suffering from daily wear and tear… and begging for some TLC. If you’re looking for a moisturising powerhouse, these hand and leg creams are a solid office desk staple. We’re particularly fond of Philosophy, as this product translates to smoother hands and promises to restore luminance around the cuticles in the long-run — a complete hydration reboot, if you will.
1. Gallinee Body Milk, $65
2. Philosophy Hands of Hope Sparkling Grapefruit Hand Cream, $15
3. THE BODY SHOP ALMOND MILK & HONEY CALMING & PROTECTING HAND CREAM, $11
4. This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle, $66
At the risk of sounding naggy, staying on top of dry skin is half the battle. From Belif replenishing your skin’s moisture loss by 45% to Origins boosting hydration and an oil-free formula, not only will you beat dry office skin at its game — airconditioning at full blast, but these face moisturisers will find a way to override that oncoming dehydration and deliver a hit of radiance.
1. BELIF HUNGARIAN WATER ESSENCE – MOISTURE BINDER, $62
2. Eucerin Hyaluron Filler + Elasticity Day Cream, $85
3. SK-II Radical New Age Power Airy Milky Lotion, $228
4. Mamonde Vital Vitamin Cream, $45
5. Original Skin™ Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb, $34
Dry, recycled air — the leading culprit behind a dull, dehydrated complexion — are given a new lease of life with these makeup-friendly facial mists. To maintain and not disrupt your work of art, these face mists (Pixi is our top contender!) are said to plump up skin with moisture while keeping it looking mattified and shine-free. Is every day going to be a good skin day with these powerhouses? Highly likely.
1. The Body Shop Mint Mattifying Face Mist, $12
2. Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist, $22
3. Laneige Water Bank Hydro Mist, $22
4. Dior Hydra Life Fresh Reviver Sorbet Water Mist, $66
TINTED LIP BALMS
Humid climates are never kind to your pout. If we were handing out awards for the “most-convenient hydrating beauty product,” these tinted lip balms, especially the Shiseido Colorgel Lipbalm, would definitely be in the running. Aside from a sheer wash of colour, these tinted lip balms deliver on its promise of leaving your lips soft, supple, and all-day comfort.
1. Shiseido ColorGel LipBalm, $46
2. Nars Afterglow Lip Balm, $40
3. Dior Addict Lip Maximizer, $50