Swapping out that multi-step glass skincare routine for something a little more minimal? We don’t blame you. Truth is, it’s honestly tough to commit to a 10-step routine especially when all you want to do at the end of the day is to hit the sheets. Yes — cleansing, toning and moisturising should suffice, but if you’re looking to achieve an ethereal glow with that flawless skin of yours, then fitting in a serum into your regime might just be what you need.
Sure, the options are aplenty in this beautyverse — they literally have any serum to suit any kind of skincare concern that you might have — but our Beauty Hit List 2019 judges have made things a whole lot easier by sifting out some of their top picks from some of your favourite brands. Without further ado, these are the winning serums that may just be the new mainstay for skincare novices and lovers alike.
1. Albion EXAGE Vital Focus N Serum, $215
4. Antipodes Apostle Skin-Brightening Serum, $64.29
6. Bio-essence Bio-Water Vitamin B5 Gel, $45.90
8. Chantecaille Biolifting Serum +, $460
9. Dior Capture Youth Glow Booster, $152
10. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum, $114 WINNER!
“I LOVE this vitamin c serum, which has such a high concentration of vitamin c yet doesn’t cause breakouts. I’m impressed by how stable the formula is, as well as by the intelligent product packaging design which minimises oxygen or light exposure, and I can’t think of an easy replacement for this product which hits all the above boxes well. Five/five for this!” — Jemma
“Favourite vitamin C serum ever. Doesn’t feel sticky and the 1 pump gives just enough to cover the entire face without going overboard.” — Aimee
11. Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, $190 EDITOR’S PICK!
“An overnight winner! Gentle on the skin, but powerful results; skin clears up and gets fresher and brighter in just 3 days! A must-have.” — Adele
“FAVOURITE nighttime serum that can double up as a spot treatment. Not too harsh on the skin but still strong enough to really leave the skin looking clearer and brighter. I love using this and Drunk Elephant’s A-Passioni on alternate nights. It’s like a power duo.” — Aimee
13. Guerlain Albeille Royale Double R Serum, $323
14. IDS Skincare DermaShield Serum, $99
15. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Signature Serum, $130
16. Kanebo Lift Serum, $280
18. KOSE ONE by KOSÉ Melanoshot White, $74
19. La Prairie Platinum Rare Cellular Night Elixir, $1,890
20. La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Anti-dark Spots Serum, $69.90
22. MDNA SKIN The Serum, $230
“Products from this line have been consistently effective and impressive, and this one is no different – this serum is SUPER moisturising and refreshing and leaves skin with a lovely, healthy glow.” — Hannah
25. Pixi Overnight Glow Serum, $36
26. Porcelain Intensive HA+ Serum, $198
“Love this oil-free hydrating serum! Even in the Singapore heat my skin can get a bit dehydrated at times (go figure), but I used this overnight and woke up with supple and smooth skin.” — Hannah
27. RE:ERTH Multi-Targeted Elixir, $108
28. Sisley Hydra-Global Serum, $320
32. Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum, $128
“A slight tingling when applied, but delivers on its brighter skin promise, making it easy to fake good genes and good skin – just as promised.” — Jemma
“This feels like a stronger nighttime serum than Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C, and boosts skin’s turnover when it’s looking and feeling dull. A close second to the Drunk Elephant one, which is gentle enough to be used daily.” — Adele
36. Three Aiming Facial Oil Essence