On 26 March some 33 years ago, world-renowned sports and streetwear label — Nike, debuted its very first sneaker named the Air Max 1 featuring the now-iconic Swoosh Air technology through a transparent sole window. Over the ensuing years, the continual evolution of its design with Air Manufacturing Innovation has produced some of the most remarkable performance sneakers we know, that lives up to its equally impressive aesthetics.
For Air Max Day 2020, Nike is revisiting its archives of countless Air Max releases over the years, and will be dropping some of their most covetable variations of its iconic classics that you must have!
1. Nike Unisex Air Max 90 Duck Camo, $219
2. NIKE UNISEX AIR MAX 2090 DUCK CAMO, $239
3. NIKE WOMEN’S AIR MAX 2090 IN LAVA GLOW, $219
4. NIKE UNISEX AIR MAX 2090 IN PURE PLATINUM, $219
5. NIKE WOMEN’S AIR MAX 90 METALLIC GOLD, $259
6. NIKE WOMEN’S AIR MAX 90 METALLIC CHROME, $259
7. NIKE WOMEN’S AIR MAX 90 ROSE GOLD, $259
While the future as we know it may be uncertain at this moment, the Air Max 2090 finds its place in an imagined futuristic landscape dominated by electric and solar-powered vehicles. And these sneakers aren’t just a looker, for its sci-fi aesthetic features all serve functional purposes — never seen before thread lines for optimal traction, cushioning that supports the entire foot and an internal padded heel bootie for maximum comfort in use.
The Air Max Duck Camo Pack, on the other hand, is an archival masterpiece reworked and tweaked to feature the cult-favourite duck camo print front and centre, or under a diaphanous black layer.
All that being said, our favourite from this lineup has got to be the Air Max 90 Metallic Pack that comes available in three different shades of bling, offering new ways to incorporate some sparkle into your everyday, if jewellery isn’t exactly your thing. Unfortunately, it’s exclusively available for women and toddlers only, but hey who’s to say that there aren’t gents out there who’ll be more than willing to squeeze into a pair.
1. Nike Women’s Air Max Verona in Guava Ice/Barely Volt/Crimson Tint/Black, $199
2. Nike Women’s Air Max Verona in Plum Chalk/Ghost/Oracle Pink/Black, $199
3. Nike Unisex Air Max 90 in White/Light Smoke Grey/Black/Particle Grey, $199
4. Nike Women’s Air Max 90 in White/Pink Blast/Ghost Green/Black, $199
5. Nike Unisex Air Max 90 FlyEase in White/White/White, $199
6. Nike Women’s Air Max 97 in Summit White/Bleached Coral/Desert Sand/Summit White, $239
7. Nike Men’s Air Max 97 in White/Ice Blue/White, $259
8. Nike Men’s Air Max 95 Premium in Black/Gunsmoke/Grey Fog/Pink Foam, $249
9. Nike Custom Men’s Air Max 95 By You in Multi-Colour, $259
Besides the aforementioned Air Max Day 2020 drops, you should also check out these latest sneakers from the Air Max family that’s got our attention. Whether you’re one for neon, pastels, or monotone, there’s quite an extensive collection varying from Nike’s Air Max Verona, 90, 95, and 97 designs to spoil you for choice. So head out this week to snag your dream pair if you don’t wanna be FOMO when everyone else has added one (or more) of these to their expanding sneaker collection.