We’ve been waiting for this since what feels like forever — Disney+, the streaming service that hosts content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, has just announced that they’ll be launching in Singapore, on 23 February 2021.
For a fee of $11.98 per month or $119.98 a year, audiences here will get to experience exclusive content across the company’s star brands, including Disney+ Originals such as The Mandalorian and WandaVision, or their library of over 500 films and 15,000 episodes across all six content brands.
Popular musical Hamilton is also on the list, where you’ll also find well-loved classics of The Lion King and Aladdin, Pixar’s animated films including The Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4, as well as Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame — even The Simpsons. Subscribers here will also have access to Star, an Asian entertainment brand that will bring in hits such as Deadpool, How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, and more.
As a streaming service, Disney+ offers high-quality and commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, and unlimited downloads of content on up to 10 devices. You’ll also be able to set up to seven different user profiles per account, including child-friendly Kids Profiles that will only screen age- appropriate content. It will support a wide range of devices at launch, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs.
All this was announced at the Disney 2020 Investor Day, where the studio also updated Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, and Disney fans on all the upcoming content that will be airing on the platform, series or movies. Here’s a quick summary of the most exciting news:
MARVEL STUDIOS —
- WandaVision, the first Marvel show on Disney+ now has a new trailer, out 15 Jan 2021
- The Falcon and the Winter Solider and its first full trailer, out March 2021
- Loki, a short series based on Tom Hiddleston’s god of mischief from the Thor universe has a new preview clip, out May 2021
- Hawkeye has confirmed Hailee Steinfeld on the cast, out late Fall 2021
- A first look at What If?, an animated series from Marvel Studios., out Summer 2021
STAR WARS —
- Two new shows — Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka. These are spinoffs of their current series The Mandalorian, and will feature crossovers in the future
- Star Wars: Andor, starring Rogue One’s Diego Luna, out 2022
- Hayden Christensen returns as Darth Vader in Obi-Wan Kenobi, which will also star Ewan McGregor
- Star Wars: Lando, a new ‘event series’ coming to Disney Plus
DISNEY ANIMATION —
- Raya and the Last Dragon premieres on Disney Plus and theatres on 5 March 2021
- Baymax!, a series based on Big Hero 6, planned for early 2022
- Zootopia Plus, a new series based on Zootopia, planned for spring 2022
- Tiana, based on The Princess and The Frog, planned for 2023
- Moana, now a musical comedy series, planned for 2023
- Encanto, a new movie set in Colombia with music written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, in development
- The newest SparkShorts episode, Burrow, out 25 December on Disney Plus
- Dug Days, a new series featuring the beloved dog Dug from Up, out on Disney Plus Fall 2021
- A Cars series, featuring Lightning McQueen and Mater, coming to Disney Plus in Fall 2022
- Lightyear, an origin story for Buzz Lightyear who will be voiced by Chris Evans, launching into theatres 17 June 2022
Subscribe to Disney+ on their website, or via the Disney+ mobile app. Register on DisneyPlus.com today to receive updates.